Bettine by Tilly and the Buttons is an easy-peasy throw-it-over-your-head dress. It has a blousy bodice with scoop neckline, kimono sleeves which hang softly around the underarm, turn-up cuffs, elasticated waistline to cinch you in and flattering tulip skirt.
The plain skirt version is a perfect project for beginners, as it's simple to sew, with no fiddly darts, fastenings or set-in sleeves - yay! More experienced? Try the pocket skirt version and optional cuff tabs for a speedy, satisfying project.
Like all Tilly and the Buttons sewing patterns, Bettine includes jargon-busting instructions, helpful sewing tips, and colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
- Printed pattern with full instructions
- Fabric – 2m x 150cm wide, 100% viscose from Dashwood Studios
- One 2m pack of 9mm wide elastic
YOU WILL ALSO NEED
- Sewing machine and basic tools
- Medium-large safety pin
- Matching Thread
- Optional: 2 x 1.5-2cm (5/8-3/4in) buttons for cuff tabs
- 0.3m (1/2 yard) iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
"Bettine Dress" Kit
If you need us to add a matching thread/zip etc, and you don’t see what you need on our website, please drop us an email and we’ll be happy to help.