Sunday 27th September, 9am - 5pm
Start your quilting journey with a fabulous jelly roll quilt with appliqué features and handmade binding.
Join Aileen and enjoy a day creating your next patchwork quilt! We'll be using "jelly roll" of pre-cut fabric strips and you'll add some beautiful applique details before binding your quilt. It'll give you confidence that you can make a quilt in one day. The finished size of this project would suit single bed quilt or sofa throw. If you can manage this, you can handle anything!
You do need to have a little basic experience using a sewing machine (you can thread up, fill a bobbin and sew with accurate straight seam allowance) - if you are completely new to machine sewing, we recommend you try one of our basics workshops first.
Depending on the pace that you work at, you may need to complete the project at home with some simple hand-sewing.
This class is suitable for adults only, age 16+. No previous machine sewing experience is required.
Please carefully check our Terms & Conditions prior to booking.
For information on how we have adapted our bookings/terms and studio practices with regards to Covid-19, please click here.
- Professsional tuition by Aileen
- Use of our Janome M100 digital sewing machines
- Diagram to follow in class & take home
- Rotary cutters & rulers for use in class
- Use of any other equipment required
We prefer that you use our Janome sewing machines with the relevant quilting feet during this workshop.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
All fabric used should be quilt-weight cotton, 45" (1.1m) wide
- One full-size jelly roll (containing 40 strips)
- 2.1m backing fabric
- 0.5m for binding
- 1.1m x 2.1m of wadding - cotton or 80:20mix is recommended, please ask for advice in store if you've never purchased this before.
- Bring your thread stash so that you can experiment freely with colour. Cotton thread is recommended.
- You'll also need to bring your basic sewing kit (sharp scissors, pins, stitch unpick, your own rotary cutter if you have one etc.)