Sunday 25th October, 10am – 4pm
You will be guided step-by-step through every detail of this awesome backpack to produce something both uniquely handmade and practical. This is a great project with a satisfying professional finish.
The Range Backpack is a useful and fun backpack to make! It’s great for any outing where you need to be hands free! The fold over top and closure keep things secure, while the front zippered pocket keeps essentials within easy reach. Adjustable straps make it wearable in any season.
Take a look at www.noodle-head.com/rangebackpack for fabric choice inspiration!
- fold over top with closure
- front exterior zippered pocket
- adjustable straps
- interior slip pocket
- hang loop
FABRIC & NTERFACING NEEDED:
We recommend waxed canvas, cork fabric, cotton canvas, cotton/linen canvas, denim for exterior and contrast bottom fabrics and quilting weight cotton for the lining. Straps can be substituted with strapping and this will be on offer in class.
Requirements based on 44”-wide fabric.
- ¾ meter (½ meter if 54”-wide fabric) Exterior Fabric
- ½ meter Contrast Bottom Fabric
- 1 ½ meter Lining Fabric (includes exterior closure, straps, and interior pocket)
- 1 ½ meters Fusible Woven Interfacing (Vlieseline Woven Interlining G700
- 1 meter Medium-Weight Fusible Interfacing (Vlieseline Fusible Interfacing F220)
Skill Level: Intermediate, or adventurous Advanced Beginner. If you have never used a sewing machine, we suggest you try one of our beginner courses first.
Please note this course will require some work being completed at home before the class due to space & social distancing. We are here to help, and will provide you with the pattern beforehand, which contains a full lay-plan and labels to help you keep track of all the pieces needed. We will also have interfacing packs available for purchase in advance if you wish, and then you will have everything to hand to pre-cut the correct pieces without rushing.
This class is suitable for adults only, age 16+.
Please carefully check our Terms & Conditions prior to booking.
For information on how we have adapted our bookings/terms and studio practices with regards to Covid-19, please click here.
- Tuition and guidance from Victoria
- Pattern sent to you prior to the class
- Guidance on the use of technical fabrics, interfacings and hardware used in bag making
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING:
- Your pattern cut out and ready to sew on day one. Including lining fabric and exterior fabric, with interfacing fused on. Please note as per the pattern if you use waxed cotton there is no need to apply interfacing.
- One 8” zipper for front zippered pocket
- Your basic sewing kit, including polyester thread for assembly, sharp scissors, pins & quick-unpick.
- Hardware will be available to purchase in class on the day but can be bought in store before the class too.