Friday 27th November, 10am – 4pm
You will be guided step-by-step through every detail of this awesome tote bag to produce something both uniquely handmade and practical. This is a great project with a satisfying professional finish.
A mid-sized crossbody tote with front zippered pocket, back slip pocket, zip top closure and reinforced base. This will be your go-to bag for everyday use! The handy short handles make for easy grabbing and the crossbody keeps you hands free! This bag is great for traveling and is perfect for keeping organized. You’ll love this tote!
- front zippered pocket
- top zipper for keeping everything secure
- back slip pocket
- interior slip pocket
- crossbody adjustable strap
- short handles for easy grab and go
- reinforced base!
FABRIC & NTERFACING NEEDED:
Canvas (7-9 oz. weight), waxed cotton or denim for exterior fabric. Quilting cotton for Accent and Lining.
Requirements based on 44”-wide fabric.
- ½ meter Exterior Fabric
- 30cm Accent Fabric (includes Reinforced Base, Handles, and Strap)
- 1 meter Lining Fabric
- 2 ½ meters Fusible Woven Interfacing (Vlieseline Woven Interlining G700)
Skill Level: Intermediate, or Advanced Beginner. If you have never used a sewing machine, we suggest you try one of our beginner courses first.
Please note this course will require some work being completed at home before the class due to space & social distancing. We are here to help, and will provide you with the pattern beforehand, which contains a full lay-plan and labels to help you keep track of all the pieces needed. We will also have interfacing available for purchase in advance if you wish, and then you will have everything to hand to pre-cut the correct pieces without rushing.
This class is suitable for adults only, age 16+.
Please carefully check our Terms & Conditions prior to booking.
For information on how we have adapted our bookings/terms and studio practices with regards to Covid-19, please click here.
- Tuition and guidance from Victoria
- Pattern sent to you prior to the class
- Guidance on the use of technical fabrics, interfacings and hardware used in bag making
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING:
- Your pattern cut out and ready to sew on day one. Including lining fabric and exterior fabric, with interfacing fused on. Please note as per the pattern if you use waxed cotton there is no need to apply interfacing.
- One 6” zipper for front zippered pocket
- One 12” zipper for top closer
- Your basic sewing kit, including polyester thread for assembly, sharp scissors, pins & quick-unpick.
- Hardware will be available to purchase in class on the day but can be bought in store before the class too.